18.11.09

Cabled Fingerless Mittens

Making the pattern for these I wanted something that would combat the drafts that sneak up my sleeves all winter long. As well as something practical that would coordinate with my various coats, while having more interest than a plain stockinette stitch. I think I struck a goldmine with these and the large chunky cable up the length of the back. Let me know what you think!

Yarn:
Jo Sharp
Silkroad, Aran Tweed
Color: Bark

85% Wool, 10% Silk, 5% Cashmere
50g ball
Gentle hand wash/ Dry flat in shade
www.josharp.com.au
Made in Italy


Now that I have made two projects inside of two weeks I feel the need to keep on knitting! I am working on a TOP SECRET project right now for Christmas, which means I will not be posting it until after Christmas for shame that the person(s) they are for would find them and spoil the surprise. In the mean time I will try and do a few more small projects. Stay tuned to see what happens.

2 comments:

Di (not Dee) said...

Hurray for being on a roll!!! I, too have been on a roll this past week w/ needle felting. Super fun, except for the couple of times that I've poked my finger w/ that super sharp needle. Eek! Looking forward to the "big reveal" of your Christmas project.

Theo B. said...

I can't help but think that this Christmas Project is a hat for me. I can't wait to receive it!