24.5.09

Missy's Market Bag

My sister-in-law had a birthday in April and I wanted to make her a birthday present; inspired by the spring and the fact that her favorite color is red. It took longer than I expected it to, but I finished. She still doesn't have it (and doesn't know it's coming unless she reads this), but what is a month and a half late when you are dealing with something handmade right?

Based off of many market bags I have seen around town I decided to make it personal for her and vary it a little. I used two tones of red yarn to give it texture and sewed on an added a flower at the top for fun. I think it turned out well given that I was making the pattern up as I went along. It is very expandable to hold all sorts of fruits and veggies that you might find at a farmer's market.

I hope she likes it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

she'd better like it or else the singular hit-man is going to have to teach her a lesson.

Di (not Dee) said...

"... but what is a month and a half late when you are dealing with something handmade right?"

Hells, yeah! That's what I'm talkin' about, people. Here's a smart, reasonable girl for ya.