19.1.09

Two-Tone Cable Sweater


I made this sweater a couple of years ago to keep warm in the winter when it's butt-freezing cold. (I have a friend that tells me there are two kinds of cold: Butt-freezing and Booger-freezing.) I wanted to post it now because I feel like this year out of all the previous years that I have had it I have finally gotten to really appreciate it for what it is.

It was made from a 100% wool yarn that my grandma had started to make a sweater for my mom from when my mom was in high school. My grandma had only made the first eight inches of the first panel so it was not too hard to pull out and reuse with my own design. I gave it double pockets and a two-way zipper.


Note:
For those of you that are wondering why I started this blog but don't keep it up it's because I knit too much to make the time to sit at the computer! I will try and get some pictures this week of some of the projects that I made this season and post them for all of your enjoyment.

1 comment:

Di (not Dee) said...

Wow! What's super cool about this one is the history behind the yarn! And now you've found such a welcoming setting for its warming capabilities. Awesome!